All natural. Pure. Clean.
These were just some of the words on the labels of products in our home before switching to Pure Haven Essentials. I thought I was making the healthy choice for myself and my family.
It wasn’t until I attended a Pure Haven Essentials gathering that I learned the harmful ingredients in every day products. I was handed our Pure Haven Essentials “Did You Know?” guide and was so upset at the long list ingredients that are allowed in our every day products in the United States. This also includes the ones that claim to be “natural.”
We’ve been greenwashed.
Greenwashing is when a company or organization spends more time and money claiming to be “green” through advertising and marketing than actually implementing business practices that minimize environmental impact.
How To Spot Greenwashing
- When considering a product, research the company as a whole and their practices.
- Exaggerations and overstatements
- Beware of ingredient lists that:
- aren’t on the product at all!
- state “for the list of full ingredients…” and send you to their website then you have to search for the actual ingredient list
- When you do have the list of ingredients, compare the ingredients to our “Did You Know?” hand out–available for digital download here at Chrissy Lives Toxic Free.
What You Can Do
Angry? Concerned? Want to make a change?